Thursday 10 February 2011

A whole 7 minutes of running

17 days of no running and I'm going nuts.  My training was going so well, probably the best a marathon build-up has ever gone for me.  Then a stupid tree root intervened and my ankle needed attention.

Since seeing the physio, I have been a good boy and done everything they have said.  I returned last night and went through many checks including some more aggressive movements like jumping.  All seemed good; I could still feel it a little but nothing like it was.

My physio was pleased enough with my recovery that she let me run on the G-Trainer. Its a treadmill where your legs are in a bag and you can reduce your body weight to let you run without the impact. I did 5 minutes at 80% body weight and then 2 mins at 90% with no reaction. I have to wait and see if there is any reaction tomorrow and then I can do some cycling at the weekend.

If that all goes well, I will do 30 minutes G-Trainer session on Monday and build up from there.  My goals are now to just get to the start of the Brighton half next week (50/50) and then do the Meon Valley Plod the week after (75/25). 


No comments:

Post a Comment