Wednesday 17 November 2010

I'm back

...not that anyone missed me but after a break from blogging, I missed it so I thought I'd start up again.

After starting work as a teacher, I have been exhausted, ill and with zero motivation to run.  The kick up the bum came from such an unexpected place.  My brother, who is an occasional runner, got 'perswaded' into running the Brighton marathon so I could not resist and have joined him in entering.  It will be brilliant to run with him on his first marathon and I can't wait for the big day.

Now, my brother and I and nothing if not competitive and whilst I have the experience of running many races, the mere thought of not running side-by-side all the way or worst still, Phil having to slow down for me, fills me with extreme dread so I have begun training and training hard.

I've entered 8 races, got a plan in place and started it eat better.  I'm really enjoying it and it might be the springboard to tackle something big or try and break some PBs but in the meantime, I'm just enjoying being back out there.

2 comments: