Sunday 28 November 2010

A really positive running week

As I try and get my training into a more consistent state in order to build towards the Brighton Marathon next year, I aim to run a minimum for four times a week.  I need to remember what its like to make running a regular occurrence and a habit that its hard to escape.

In the past, I have pretty much done all my weekend long runs in a training schedule but often missed out mid week runs.  I think this has had a double impact; firstly I have not lost as much weight as I have wanted and most of my sessions have tended to be at a long slow run pace.

Two weeks into this training program and I have done my speed work sessions and my temp sessions which have been hard but good fun.  Lets see if I can keep it up now it is bloody cold.

This week's stats:
Distance: 28.2 miles
Time: 4 hours 2 minutes
Sessions: 5
Long Run x 1 - 7.5 miles
Tempo x 1 - 2 miles at 7:20 minute miles
Speed - 5 mile run with 10x2min reps

No comments:

Post a Comment