Tuesday 30 November 2010

10k a day

Tomorrow sees the start of my winter challenge.  I am going to attempt to run 10k every day in December.

I have never run more than 6 consecutive days so its going to be a new experience.  I have concerns over my ability to avoid injury and without rest, my knee might slowly get worse but I will take that risk.  I also have concerns about fitting in the runs but I'll just have to make it work.

Its not starting in ideal circumstances.  When I imagined doing it a few months ago, my wife being away on business wasn't on my list of potential problems and neither was snow.  I have to try and fit in tomorrows run around work and looking after the kids and try not to slip on ice in the process.

It does seem a reasonably easy task on one level (6 miles is not a huge stretch) but every day is 43 miles a week for 4 weeks which seems really tough.

Anyway, it will be fun trying and others manage it and more.  I found out about a bloke who has run 10k a day, everyday since January this year.  Amazing.  10k Everyday on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment