Wednesday 1 December 2010

10k-a-day: Day 1 - Brrrrrrrr

I'm glad I got that over and done with.  As I skidded home on my bike with Siberian winds in my face, I went through every possible excuse for not starting my challenge today.  Do twice as much tomorrow, do a 10k on January 1st to make up, lie, anything.  But I knew that failing on the first day was pretty rubbish so out I went.

Hat, buff, long-sleeved top, technical-T, coat, gloves, tights, shorts, socks and XC shoes.  Still shivering.  The wind bit into my face.  The 1km from my house up to the Common was slow, very slow.  I ran like a drunk chicken, trying to pick my way through the patches of ice.  This wasn't going to be fun.

However, once I got off the pavement and onto the Common, my Salomon XA Pros came into their own.  I had to be careful and place my foot well but the grip was good and I could run at a comfortable speed.

I stayed on the Common for two full laps before the tortuous kilometer back home.  Job done and no excuses needed.

Day 1
10.1 km
0:59:10 mins
Total in December: 10.1 km

3 comments:

  1. Thanks. I'm taking it very easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See you Saturday for day 4 - provided they don't pull it :( http://www.humanrace.co.uk/news

    ReplyDelete