Sunday 12 December 2010

10k-a-day: Day 12 - Fastest yet

Had no real aim other than running for a bit longer than usual. No much more but I know I need to be upping the distance of my longest run in January in preparation for the Brighton Half and the Meon Valley 20.  Its all a bit of an unknown at the moment.  My weekly mileage is high (46 this week) as I'm running everyday but I don't know what that will do to my endurance.

I set off round Tooting Common and then headed to Wandsworth Common. It was a bit muddy on the tracks so a little slippery in places in my road shoes but nothing too risky.  After a slowish first mile I upped the pace and felt good. By mile five, I realised I was going really well with my mile average around 7:45 which was surprising. I kept the pace up and finished feeling really good with an 8 minute mile average.


It was also great to wear shorts and no jacket for the first time in weeks. I think I even caught the sun :-)


Day 12
13.1 km (8.14 m)
1:05:14 mins
Total in December: 128.8 km

No comments:

Post a Comment