Saturday 25 December 2010

Christmas Day Run

As I've done for the past 3 years, I got a long run in on Christmas day.  Its always one of my favourite runs of the year.

After the kids opened their presents and I had opened my socks and pants, I set off towards Bromley and my sister-in-laws.  I was due there at 1pm so set off at 11:30 (a little late).  It was all going well with a decent pace until I got past Dulwich; after that, the paths got more and more icy.

This cut my speed at times but I managed to avoid most of the ice and I ran on the road for a while which was clear.  It ended up taking a couple of hours, a bit longer than expected but fine for a long, slow run.

I enjoyed my Christmas dinner having already expelled a few calories; it always makes it tasted better.  My knees did hurt a little, probably because of the icy conditions.  Hopefully they'll be fine for my next run in Devon on Monday.

Happy Christmas everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment