Wednesday 29 December 2010

Devon Run

I was staying down in Devon with my Dad so I took the opportunity to run my favourite route.  Its a 7 mile loop from Moretonhampstead and includes a pretty steep hill with approximately 750 feet of climbing.

My brother was also staying so he came along and so did Ezra who stays with my Dad and his partner.  The ice and snow had started to melt so it was a lot easier than it would have been on the previous few days but it was still slippy and very wet.

My brother set a fast early pace and I had to dig deep to keep the pace.  Once up the first hill, I caught my breath and settled into the pace.  I enjoyed being pushed and got to the bottom of the main hill in record time.

I felt good up the hill and I ran all the way up.  My brother Phil and Erza both showed great hill running ability.  Very impressive.

At the top I thought I could gently cruise home but the other two just upped the pace for the last 2 miles to Moretonhapstead.  This was only my second ever run with my brother and he has certainly improved since the Brighton 10k in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment