Wednesday 8 December 2010

10k-a-day: Day 8 - That's a record

That is the first time I have ever run 8 days in a row.  7 was my previous record on summer holiday so I'm now into the unknown.

Again today, I really didn't want to go out.  I went through many excuses in my head as well as ways to get out of it (for example, run twice tomorrow) but I knew that would spell failure.  So off out I went.

And surprisingly, I had a great run.  I had Marathon Talk on my iPod which helped with get through the first 3 miles at an ok pace (marathon pace of 8:45).  Then I decided to up it to a comfortable but harder tempo pace (around 7:50).  I held this well for 2.6 miles and was really enjoying it.  Then it was a cool down back to my house.

The next 4 days will be tricky as I have a few things going on in the evenings followed by a weekend in Brussels to see some friends.  Fitting in the 10k each day will be more challenging than the actual running.

Day 8
10.51 km
0:54:57 mins
Total in December: 85.0 km

No comments:

Post a Comment