Monday 20 December 2010

Ill

So, after doing the first 14 days of my challenge and being really happy with everything, the cold I had on day 13 and 14 turned into full-blow man-flu.  Following the rule of "you can run if its above the neck" but not if its "below the neck", I made the tough decision not too run on day 15.

This proved sensible because by this weekend, I was coughing up all manner of nasty stuff.  I am in no condition to run.  I've spent today sitting on the couch shivering.

So, a failure overall but it was always a tough challenge, especially at this time of year.  In my first 15 weeks as a teacher, I can say with certainty that I have only been completely clear of a cold for 2 of those weeks.  So to hope I would be illness free for the 31 days of December was speculative to say the least.

I now just need to continue with my training towards The Brighton Marathon building up the miles again as soon as I feel better.

2 comments:

  1. Rubbish that you're ill, but great effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of teaching - being exposed to a whole universe of new bugs. It's incredibly common for teachers to stagger on to the end of term and get ill. Still massively impressive to do 14 days on the run.

    ReplyDelete