Sunday 5 December 2010

10k-a-day: Day 5 - Fast(er) and fun

With the snow gone and the temperature above freezing, the run today was much more enjoyable.  My warm-up mile was the same speed as my quick miles in the snow and the rest was a mixture of a good, steady half marathon pace mixed in with some faster tempo work.  I also couldn't resist doing one sprint whilst listening to The Chemical Brothers - Push the Button.

I went through the 10k in about 53 which isn't breaking any records but with the warm-up mile and a few stops for traffic lights, it probably comes out under 50 which I will take.

For the first time, I do feel like a day off and the thought that it isn't going to happen for 25 days is pretty daunting.

Day 512.2 km
1:03:10 mins
Total in December: 54.2 km

No comments:

Post a Comment