Saturday 11 December 2010

10k-a-day: Day 11 - Surprised

After an aborted trip to Belgium, a lack of sleep on Friday night, a day spent working on my end of term NQT (Newly Qualified Teacher) report and a lot of rubbish food consumed, I expected to plod round today's 10k.

However, to my surprise, I was feel fine after the first couple of miles so I decided to run a fast one.  I pushed pretty hard and felt strong.  I had to be careful of my footing as it was on the edge of the Common and dark and I had to slow to cross two roads but I still managed a sub 7 minute mile.  6:57 to be precise.  With the same effort in daylight and with no roads to cross I could get that down further and I know I wasn't going at 100%.  It's looking promising for having a go at my 5K pb soon.

Day 11
10.2 km
0:54:01 mins
Total in December: 115.7 km

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your 10k a day in December. Good way to keep the holiday pounds away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. If only I could stop eating the Quality Street in the staff room!!!!

    ReplyDelete