Sunday 2 January 2011

Running at Center Parcs

Just as last year, we are spending the New Years celebrations in Center Parcs, Longleat.  This lets us spend some family time together doing lots of fun things in nice surroundings.  I used to be a real sceptic about the whole Center Parcs experience but having been 4 times now, I am a convert.  It is a bit expensive but its very well done.

On Thursday I ran in the morning, doing 6.4 miles through the park.  It has some nice hills so was an interesting route and I ran hard up them all.  After running and lunch, we got on our bikes and headed to the indoor sports hall and played tennis.  After a quick latte at Starbucks (yes, very corporate) we went swimming, and spent an hour mucking about.  I did get a bit of actual swimming in.

On Friday, I did the weeks long, slow run doing 10.7 miles around the park.    The distance was slightly estimated because I used my Garmin Sat watch rather than my footpod and I lost the signal a few times in the tall trees.  If anything, 10.7 is on the conservative side.  We also swam again so I was properly tired when we went to the New Years Eve celebrations.

Saturday was a lazy day.  I did manage to go swimming and do quite a bit of actual swimming rather than just mucking-about with the kids.  Then on Sunday, I did a great run including 5 hill reps at full pace.  I felt strong and really enjoyed the effort.  I averaged 7:35 minute miles which is very good for me.

Back to the real world tomorrow and I must continue my good running form.

No comments:

Post a Comment