Friday 14 August 2009

Brighton Marathon Entered


I have my first big target sorted out. In April 2010, I'll be running my 7th marathon - the Brighton Marathon. Its the first time its being staged and I think its trying to get the same market as the Edinburgh marathon - that is the people who don't get into London. 100,000 people enter the London Marathon each year and only 35,000 get places so there is a lot of people looking for a marathon in April. It seems its going to be a similar size to Edinburgh with 12,000 places available. So it should feel like an occasion but without being too packed.

I'm trying to get my brother to run. We are doing the Brighton 10k together in November so it would be cool if he continues his training to run the marathon with me. He's currently thinking about it.



3 comments:

  1. Hmm. Etape followed by a marathon. You only need to add some swimming into the mix...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I did some in the hotel pool and I think I'm going to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope they are better organised than the Edinburgh lot!

    ReplyDelete