Thursday 27 August 2009

Running in America

I'm really enjoying my holiday in the States. New York was great. I had a fabulous run at 5am around Central Park. So many other runners and people on road bikes. All with a very friendly atmosphere.

Then it was up to Boston. I didn't know the area so ran in the hotel gym. Very hot and boring but it had to be done as I've been eating some terribly bad food here. Too many burgers. Boston itself was great. A lovely time, very different to many US cities I've been to.

Then we travelled to Vermont. I've never been to this part of America either and it is lovely. The villages and towns are a little twee for my liking but the mountains and endless forests are spectacular. I had a 7 mile run on Wednesday along some hilly roads. It was late in the day but still over 80 degrees. It was a very sweaty run. I've done a couple of other runs so I'm really back in the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment