Monday 10 August 2009

Weekly runs

My return to running is going well. I did a 5 mile run on Thursday with little problem. It was my Battersea Park route and the weather was ok. I stretched after about 3 miles and felt fine. My quads were ok afterwards.

I was in Devon at the weekend picking up my kids from my Dad's and I took the opportunity to run. I love running around Dartmoor and one route in particular - I think its my favourite training run. Its very hilly but stunning and at 8am on a Sunday morning, there is only the odd tractor on the small lanes. My Dad came with me on the bike and I ran for just over an hour in bright sunshine. I ran up all the hills without a problem and really enjoyed it.

I have missed running and its great to be doing it again. My biggest problem is trying not to do too much too quickly.

1 comment:

  1. I'm watching your return to running with great interest. I wish my legs would get the hang of it so quickly.

    ReplyDelete