Sunday 28 March 2010

Take the rough with the smooth

Yesterday was a great day with my swimming.  Today was a rubbish day with my running.  I was meant to do the Oakley 20 but because I didn't have the car, getting the train their and back would mean most of the day being taken up and I had work to do.  So I decided to run in London.

I was up at 7 to do some work and have breakfast before my run.  At 10 I hadn't got done what I wanted so I worked for 2 more hours and ran at 12.  The first 8 miles were fine.  A little off the pace but ok.  By my 9 I was suffering and by 10 I was almost walking.  I struggled 3 more miles to my house and fell in the door.  A terrible run.

I can only put it down to a week full of a cold and many late late nights working.  This part of my course finishes on Wednesday so then I can get loads more sleep (5 hours a night is just not enough) and be ready for Brighton.  I will, however, do another long run next weekend (2 weeks before the marathon so that's just about ok).

No comments:

Post a Comment