Wednesday 19 May 2010

Post from 28th April - forgot to publish post.

What can I say, some people are just crazy.  Well, crazy isn't the word.  Psychotic maybe.

It had been a long day.  As part of my teaching course, the 35 students put on a show for the school we are based in.  In 5 days we write the show, design and make the set and perform it.  Today was the dress rehearsal and I spent a long time prancing around as the queen of hearts.

I set off on my short cycle home pulling up at the lights.  It was across a busy road and the left lane was left turn only so I pulled up at the front of the other lane.  The left lane went green and cars started to go.  My lane was still red so I waited with the other cars.  When my lane went green, I set of.  Out of no where, a car shot past me on the left.  They had to floor it to get around me into the other lane.  It went past so quick and so close that I wobbled.

I carried on a little shaken and with 2 minutes, I passed the blue mini stuck in traffic.  They were stopped at the next lights so I looked in the car expecting to see a spotty 17 year old bloke but no, a women.  I gestured to them that they were mad and dangerous and got a torrent of abuse back.  She asked me to come and have a go;  I laughed and continued on.

As she passed me again, she decided to see just how close she could get to me.  It was very close as it turned out.  I was shocked.  I swear that any closer and she would have knocked me off.  One car passed me and the driver shook their head and smiled.  The next guy was a van who offered me a hammer with the obvious suggested that I take it too her car.

Logic took over and I just ignored her as I passed again.  I thought of taking her number plate and trying to get one of the drivers to be a witness but it wasn't worth it.

2 comments:

  1. It amazes me just how dumb some people are. She put your life at risk again because you objected to her doing it the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take their number and report them every time. It's the only way to stop them. Do you read Joby's Biking to Work blog? http://www.biking2work.co.uk/blog/

    ReplyDelete