Wednesday 9 June 2010

New goals

I have set some new goals for the summer and beyond.

Goal 1: Marathon PB
I'm going to crack the 3:50 mark in the marathon.  Firstly, I've signed up to the Robin Hood marathon on 12th September.  I will train hard for this over the next three months but I will continue to cycle as well so it won't be dedicated running training.  I will have a crack at it but I'm not pinning all my hopes on a PB here.


Then in spring 2011, I will either run the London Marathon (I have entered) or the Berlin Marathon if I don't get a London place.  If my training goes well, I might even run Berlin whether I get a VLM place or not.  It has less people which is my preference.  I will train from Christmas until the race with the marathon as my one objective.

Goal 2: 5K PB
I know I can do better than 22:05 and given the races are free, there is no excuse for getting my arse out of bed on a Saturday mornings and running one every couple of weeks until I do it.

Goal 3: 10K PB
My 10K PB of 46:38 is clearly not good enough given my 5K time so I aim to get it under the 45 minute mark this year.  I'm currently looking for some 10Ks to run in July.

Goal 4: Dartmoor Classic
After last years crash, I am returning to Dartmoor with a point to prove.  I can't remember what the times were for the categories but with a time of 7:30 last year including the crash and a flat, I can go much quicker.

2 comments:

  1. What happened to the triathlon goal, i thought you said you were not the sort of person who gave up.

    ReplyDelete