Wednesday 2 June 2010

Update

Not posted for a while.  I think my altered header says it all.

I've had a good week so far.  I played football on Tuesday.  I've not played for a while and managed to grad a last minute place with the group I used to play for.  I sent the first 5 minutes being rubbish, clattering into people and losing the ball.  Then I remembered how to play, or rather remembered what I'm good at and chased people down, winning back balls and making easy passes.  I even scored a cracking goal turning someone and firing far past.  Great fun.

Today I went for a run and decided to do some hill reps.  I did a 2 mile warm-up and then 5 loops of a half mile circuit that contains a short but sharp hill.  I went flat out each time and got my HR up to over 180.  I gave everything on the last go and nearly lost my lunch at the top.  A very slow cool down and stretch was needed after that.  I love HR graphs.  They never lie.  Can you spot the 5 hill reps?  I tried very hard on 3 and 5!!!



Its half term and I've done a lot of the work I need to do so I'm off cycling all day tomorrow.  I want my cycling tan back just like Red.

As for swimming and tri, we don't talk about that anymore.  Shhhhhhhh.

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to know how to loose the tan.

    I'm taking swimming lessons at the moment with the aim of finally biting the bullet and doing my first tri. I look stupid with the tan stopping half way up my arms/legs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes... I like to think of the tan as a badge of honour and mine's coming along quite nicely.

    That said. I can quite understand why Mrs T points and laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the new graphic. By the way, what device do use - a Garmin Forerunner?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red - Good luck Red. Have you a tri in mind?

    Stuart - I was out on the bike for 4 hours today and my tan is looking nice. I'm a cyclist again.

    Rob - I have an old Garmin Forerunner 301 that I use to cycle and a Garmin FR60 watch with foot pod for running. I like the 301 as I can see where I've been when I upload the data but the HR is rubbish. The FR60 is really nice. Good looking watch as well.

    ReplyDelete