Monday 7 June 2010

Pro Race 3


On Saturday evening, I cleaned and checked my bike in preparation of the Chiltern 100.  I looked over my tyres and realised they needed changing.  They had lots of nicks and cuts, many of which have been super-glued several times.

The only tyres I had were a pair of Michelin Pro Race 3s in red.  I bought these on a whim as they were on sale on a web site.  I'd heard they were nice to ride on but were very slick and prone to punctures.  I had no time to get to a bike shop so had no real choice and put them on.

First of all, they looked really good.  The red and grey really made the bike look sweet.  At least I'd start the race looking the business.  Other than that, there is nothing much to report.  No punctures.  No problems.  They seemed to give me a smooth ride although I'm not sure I'd put money on being about to tell the difference between these and the Continental GP4000s tyres I had on before.

But at £35 each, I'm not sure I will use them all the time.  I think I'll see how long these last and then decide.


1 comment:

  1. They don't last. Well mine haven't.
    Mine haven't cuts and i've had no punctures yet, They are starting to square off and looking worryingly thin though.

    ReplyDelete