Thursday 28 January 2010

1000 push-ups

At the start of the 30 week training plan for the Ironman, I decided to do daily press-ups. I would start with 10 on the first day and increase it by 1 each day until I got to 100. Then maintian the 100 each day until August. This was mainly to strengthen my upper body as I've never really worked on it, especially when just doing running and cycling.

It was gone well with very few days missed. Today my total reached 1000 mainly because I have exceeded my planned daily total several times. So that's over 1000 in 28 days. I plan to do the next 1000 in under 25.

2 comments:

  1. For a moment I thought you were doing 1000 in one go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I'm up to 40 in one go which I'm pleased with. I seriously couldn't do more than 15 at the start of the year. The aim is 100 without stopping.

    ReplyDelete