Tuesday 26 January 2010

Cake

Yesterday, I was off uni with some sort of bug. I felt sicker and sicker on Sunday, feeling like I was going to heave at any minute and eventually doing so. This cut short my planned run.

I had Monday off as a result which again ruined my gym session. I did, however, turn out to be fortuitous as at 11:30 I got a call from my daughters school to say she had been sick. I got her and she spent the rest of the day watching TV. I still felt rubbish but did manage to get loads of work done, finishing my 5000 word essay of dialogic teaching (don't ask).

Today, we were both feeling better but the school has a policy of no-return within 24 hours of being sick so she wasn't going to school. She asked to make cakes (she muct better) so we went to Waitrose, got a load of things and set about making a mess. It was great fun.

We made choc-chip biscuits and a lemon dizzle cake that is pretty good even by my standards. Obviously, with the bowl licking and sampling, the diet took a hit today but it was worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I prefer licking the bowl to the cakes produced at the end!

    Nice biccies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it. The mixture always tastes better.

    ReplyDelete