Sunday 31 January 2010

Training Week 4

The week didn't start too well with Monday and Tuesday off sick. I got some sort of winter vomiting thing which stopped me in my tracks. I was fine by Wednesday and had a session in the pool that wasn't great and a comfortable hour on the treadmill. My knee was sore afterwards which is still a big concern.

I swam again on Friday and actually enjoyed it. I did some lengths and some drills and I did feel a small amount of improvement. Baby steps! My training is hampered by not being able to use my fins in the pool at Tooting Leisure Centre. Health and Safety apparently. Load of nonsence. Many of the arm drills I've been given in the lessons require you to concentrate on arm position so you don't get much propulsion from the arms and have to rely on your legs. Without fins its incredible tiring.

Saturday's swim lesson was again really good. I am slowly beginning to like swimming rather than feeling it is something to just get through. Who'd have thought.

I went for a run today.  I kept it slow to try and save the knee but I felt strong from the word go and kept the pace higher than I have of late.  I got to about 45 minutes and still felt good but my knee started to twinge.  It was the same story.  It was just an ache that ever so slowly grew but not causing me to slow so I just kept going.  I did 7.2 miles in under 9 minute miles and my HR never left zone 2.  Perfect.

Finally, I will not be doing my Sunday weigh-in.  Its my birthday tomorrow and this weekend has been fairly indulgent.  I went for a 10 course meal last night and there was nothing that was on the weight-watchers lists of healthy meals.  Tonight its roast beef and all the trimmings and I'm sure there will be cake tomorrow.

Stats:
Swimming - 3 sessions, 1.2 miles, 2hrs 6mins
Running - 3 sessions, 16.7 miles, 2hrs, 32mins
Cycling - 4 sessions, 44 miles, 3hrs 5 mins
Press-ups - 343

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday.
    Look like your doing alright with the training to me, even if you do have a bad knee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers guys. Good swim and short run this morning. Knee felt ok. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete