Monday 25 January 2010

Training Week 3

Another good week. I really enjoyed the swimming lesson on Saturday. I felt I progressed a little and it was good to get the confidence back after a terrible swim on Thursday. I also played 5-a-side football on Friday which was great fun.

My concerns this week are about the amount of running I've done. With only a month until the first of my 20 milers, I need to up the mileage. I was hoping my knee would feel fine by now but I still have a bit of a niggle that worries me.

Swimming
Time in water: 1 hrs 55 mins
Estimated Distance: 0.9 miles

Running
Time: 2 hrs 32 mins
Distance: 14.0 miles

Cycling
Time: 5 hrs 45 mins
Distance: 76 miles

Totals
Sessions: 13
Total Time: 10 hrs 12 mins

The cycling numbers are quite high. I do include my cycling to and from school as well as to and from the gym. I always treat these are exercise and work hard so I feel they should be included.

Next week my aim is to get out on the road bike. It is dependant on the weather but I don't want to do all my miles as a commute on the Ridgeback. My run is also up to 75 minutes but I need to keep raising so I'm ready of the Meon Valley 20 miler in February.

I also successfully completed my press-ups this week. 270 in 7 days. That rises to 300 next week. The weight loss wasn't so good. In fact, it was zero. I lost nothing. I was doing well until Friday when I was feeling down about the amount of school work I have to do and lost all sense of control. Friday night and all day Saturday were shocking. A malt loaf, stake & chips, pick n' mix and biscuits were some of the highlights. The fact that I didn't put on any weight is a miracle. Must do better next week.

2 comments:

  1. At least you're doing some training! I've just got back home in a taxi cos some muppet has just knocked me off my bike. I'm ok, bike's wrecked. I think I'm jinxed this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are ok mate. Sod the bike. Was it all there fault?

    ReplyDelete