Sunday 17 January 2010

Training Week 2

This was really my first week of proper training but it is week 2 in Don Fink's 30 week program so week 2 it shall be called. I really enjoyed training this week. It has gone well. I can feel myself getting better and stronger which is always encouraging. The progress I've made in the swimming is also filling me with confidence.

Swimming
Time in water: 2 hrs 18 mins
Estimated Distance: 1602 meters

Running
Time: 1 hrs 25 mins
Distance: 8.6 miles

Cycling
Time: 5 hrs 10 mins
Distance: 69 miles

Totals
Sessions: 13
Total Time: 8 hrs 53 mins

Now, non of these figures are quick. Far from it, they are painfully slow and at times, it has been hard to follow the program and not run or cycle faster but I have to keep telling myself, its not about speed. Speed does not matter. Endurance, form, technique and staying injury free for 30 weeks are what its all about.

Next week is very similar with a slight increase in Sunday's run and I will increase one or both of the swims from 35 to 45 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. They seem quick enough to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't week 2 supposed to be a 7-hour week!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Red.

    Yeah Rob, it is about 7 hours but I added in my communte.

    ReplyDelete