Monday 2 November 2009

Not long enough

Post holiday + pre-work + rubbish weather = miserable Sunday.

I was supposed to do a long run. 15 minimum, 20 maximum. It was pouring down when I got up but I had to take my Dad to the station first thing so I was in no hurry to get out and run. I got back around 10:30 and had a little more breakfast as it was still foul outside. Then it was lunch and the weekly shop so more opportunities to procrastinate.

Finally it was 3pm and the last chance to get out so off I went. I kind of knew I wasn't doing 20 but thought I might make it to 15. I ran towards Wimbledon and was enjoying myself finding the miles were passing by easily. I didn't really think where I was going and passed over Wandsworth Common to Clapham Common and then down towards home. This was only 11 miles but it was dark and I was so close to home that I stopped.

I'm now annoyed that I didn't do more. My weekly mileage is good but my long runs just aren't long enough.

2 comments:

  1. At least you got out. I rode 100yrds up the road on Sunday and decided that it was far too wet and windy to even think about being outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was shocking out there. I heard that people riding The Beast road race on Exmoor on Sunday were literally being blown off their bikes. It got a bit nasty.

    ReplyDelete