Sunday 1 November 2009

Running in Cyprus

Just back from Cyprus and a lovely weeks holiday with my wife. We carelessly left our kids at home with my Dad. Shame!!!

I managed to do a few runs whilst out there. One in the gym, one hill run and two 10 milers. I didn't find anywhere nice to run inspite of asking twice at the hotel. The roads were all busy with small verges and I spend a lot of the time waiting to be killed by a careless driver. But it was good to get the miles in and they allowed me to eat more at the evening all-you-can-eat buffet.

Runs
Sun 25th - 6.2 miles
10k on a treadmill in 51 minutes. Terrible run. It was a very very hot run on an old, squeaky treadmill. No air conditioning in a basement room in Cyprus is not nice.

Tue 27th - 10 miles
A good 10 mile run along a horrible main road, some of it on a verge, some on a path. Near the sea but not close enough to be a coast road.

Wed 28th - 5 miles
1.5 miles slow, 1 mile fast (7 minute mile) and then 0.5 slow. Then 2 miles of step hills reps. It was hard work but good.

Fri 30th - 10.2 miles
Same run as on Tuesday. Thursday had a terrible storm in the afternoon so given in was overcast at 11am, I decided to go out early. However, after 30 minutes, the skies cleared and it was sunny......and very warm. I was drenched and my head was burning. Still ran ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment