Tuesday 8 September 2009

It couldn't feel any worse

I had a cold yesterday and felt like crap. I had planned to get up at 6 and do a run but was to tired and too miserable to get up. I felt rubbish all day and then had the delight of the dentist. My 4th of 4 fillings (a mere £600) and finally, the end of dental visits for 6 months. But he saved the best until last with an incredibly painful injection and a trainee assistant that has a long way to go. When the dentist says to his assistant "please try and get the suction in the right place to minimise splashing acid in the patients mouth" you know its not going well.

When I took my daughter to her swim club at 7, I couldn't have felt much worse. So I ran. I ran through the pain in my head, my numb face dribbling drool down my face and I ran through my hacking cough. Nice.

I need to get out on the bike again. I haven't done anything for ages other than commuting and the shops. I did get my hybrid serviced at the weekend. Other than a broken bottom bracket, it hasn't been looked at mechanically for 6 years. I had to have new chain, tyres, cassette and cables but the result is excellent. Its like having a new bike.

2 comments:

  1. I've got the dentists next week - Oh joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with that. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to think I don't have to go back for 6 months.

    ReplyDelete