Saturday 12 September 2009

Mixed Weekend running

I had planned to run one of the free Park Run 5K races but after a busy week, I couldn't get moving on Saturday morning and missed the start. Instead, I did a loop around Clapham taking in the Commons (Clapham and Wandsworth) and finished up doing 6.4 miles.

On Sunday, I had my long run. It said 10 miles in the schedule so I planned out a route and set off. It was similar to Saturday's running from Common to Common and then to Battersea Park. The first few miles were hard and I just couldn't get into a rhythm. Saturday's run felt good and my legs moved easily but today was the opposite. I had lead weights in my shoes and an imaginary headwind.

It didn't get any better. I just concentrated on getting to the next turn or to the top of the next hill. I promised myself a breather in Battersea Park at mile 8 where I would stretch. This kept me going but only just. Nothing was hurting or sore, its just I couldn't get going.

I finally made it home after 10.4 miles in a slow time. Just a bad run I guess but its good to have the miles in the bank.

I've got to try and find a race or two between now and the marathon. An off road half marathon would be perfect but when?

2 comments:

  1. I'm willing to bet this slow time is still a lot quicker than most of us could manage on a good day.

    ReplyDelete