Monday 14 September 2009

Should I ride in Wales?

I have the Autumn Epic planned for the first weekend in October but I'm really unsure whether to do it or not. It was my first Sportive and I was really looking forward to it until recently. I am now less than 50/50.

I have done one cycle since the Etape so I'm undercooked. I don't have the use of the car so will have to take the train to Worcester and catch a lift with Ed who is borrowing his mums car. This will mean a late return home on Sunday.

Cycling is just not on my radar at the moment. It seems I can't love running and cycling at the same time. Especially now that I am fully committed to my teacher training course which is taking a lot of my energy and time.

Another excuse is that my training for the marathon is well underway and with less than 13 weeks to go, I do need all the long weekend runs I can get. Really not sure what to do.

Tonight's recovery run went well. The 4.9 gentle miles felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment