Wednesday 7 April 2010

The best laid plans...

Its always dangerous to leave passports unchecked until the day before a holiday!!!

My wife and the girls were meant to be flying to Lanzarote last Monday leaving me with a week to my self, free from any responsibility.  However, it turned out that my youngest had an out of date passport so there was no option but for a third of the travelling party to stay at home.  No lie-ins for me.  Arrrggghhh.

So we've made the most of it.  I had to ditch my mate Ed and go to Devon with the littlun.  My Dad looked after her for a morning so I could get a very pleasant 11 mile run in on my favourite ever route.  It is seriously hilly which I love and time goes out the window.  After the first hairy mile on the main road (no path), it is tiny lanes with no cars and stunning views.  I had to stop and take some photos.

I'm also shipping my daughter off to a club so I can at least go swimming and do a run or two.  I can't, however, ride as I can't be too far away in case I have to collect her early for any reason.

So tomorrow is a swim, maybe a short run and a stretch followed by a sports massage.  11 days until the marathon so I have to take it reasonably easy :-)

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the Marathon.

    I wanted to go and ride Flanders this year but then I realised I probably couldn't get my passport sorted in time. Passports are a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did just the same last year before our France trip Simon. Nightmare!!
    Good luck with your marathon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers guys. You'd think it would be ok to use just ID in Europe as if you are driving, most borders are unmanned. We drove from France into Spain last year and it was about 30 miles before we realised we had changed countires.

    ReplyDelete