Thursday 15 April 2010

Marathon goals

Well, its the marathon on Sunday.  Its come round pretty quickly.  I feel quite relaxed about it.  Its not my main focus this year so if it goes wrong, no tears will be shed.  I do, however, aim to give my PB a go.

I'm not sure what to expect.  My training has been different than normal as I've been doing the three disaplines rather than just one.  I've made sure my long runs have been done but my short stuff and speed work has been replaced with cycling and swimming so I don't feel speedy

However, I am a little lighter and my heart rate is pretty good (I did most of my last 20 miler in low Zone 2).  This might result in a strong finish to the race which has affected my times in Edinburgh and Adingdon (I was on for around 3:50 in both of them at the 20 mile mark).

These are my aims:

1st Goal: Sub 4
2nd Goal: Break my PB of 3:57:40
3rd Goal: Break 3:55 (my Dad's PB)
4th Goal: Get sub 3:50

I know I am capable of all 4 but I know getting it all right is so tough so we'll see.

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck, Simon. Take your inhaler, you'll need it to get through the ash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Runners meme, Run meme This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs…

    ReplyDelete