Saturday 10 April 2010

New kit, swim and family

Its nearly my pay day and I still had some cash so I treated myself to some new pedals.  My current left pedal had become problematic and it was very hard to click in.  I tried cleaning it and using degreaser but to no avail.  So I upgraded slightly to a pair of Look Keo Max 2 in white.  They are pretty sexy on the bike.


It took a lot of effort to change them.  Firstly, I didn't realise that the left pedal has a reverse thread until I looked on You Tube.  Then, they were so tight, I slipped off the allen key and punched my large chain ring leaving 6 large bloody holes in my hand.  I eventually had to use my foot and when it loosened, there was a loud crack and I thought I had broken something.  I hadn't thankfully.

I got a very kind friend to look after my daughter today so I could go to my swim lesson.  It was painful.  I don't know why but everything felt wrong.  I think it stemmed from my breathing.  It was so off that it made the whole session rushed and a bit frantic.  Every part of it felt hard.  I hope it was just a bad week.

With my wife and eldest daughter still away, its just me and my youngest.  I'm trying to fill the days but she has an extremely short fun threshold.  We do one thing and its all good but as soon as its finished, the arms fold and the bottom lip comes out.  Of course, I don't stand for that but its difficult.

I made the most of the good weather this afternoon and combined exercise with entertainment and took her to Richmond Park for a cycle.  It is good, hard work pulling her up the hills and I will do it again on Monday as its either that or the turbo if I want to get some training in.

2 comments:

  1. What were the old pedals? And once you've used them a bit can we have a comparison please? If you give weights then please include the cleats :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old
    Exustar EPS-R101
    Weight: 145 g/pc
    Hand-polished aluminum
    £65

    New
    Look Keo Max 2
    Weight: 129 g/pc
    Composite body, co-moulded steel upper plate
    £90

    ReplyDelete