Tuesday 20 April 2010

Onwards and Upwards

So as soon as one challenge is done, the next one is on the horizon.

In this case, far too soon. The Fred Whitton is just over 2 weeks away and I am under prepared. The amount I have been running was taken away riding time so I will be undercooked. I will try and ride this weekend but the way my legs are feeling after the marathon, I won't be riding hard.

I will try a long ride the weekend after but it will be on 7 days before the event so any fitness gain will be negligible. I will have to just treat it as a super tough Iron Man training rise.

5 comments:

  1. I can never get into this event. I will have to make a note of the entry date on my calender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nearly forgot...
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Simon - really looking forward to hearing how you get on.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers guys. Last year I was delayed more than 30 minutes with my mates wheel issues. To be honest, if I get the same time, I'll be delighted. Its difficult to judge just how my other training will transfer over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Simon. I'm also feeling very far from confident about this one!

    ReplyDelete