Sunday 21 February 2010

End of a bad training week

I had dreams that the half term week would be filled with early morning runs and evening swims but it didn't materialise.  Due to several very late nights (3 work related, 1 drink related) I didn't manage to get up at the 6am time I needed to in order to get an hour in before Cath went to work.  The days were filled with essay writing or activities with the kids and many evenings were filled.

I got a few very small bits done before the weekend.  Saturday was my swim lesson but a flat tyre put pay to that but I did manage a 50 minute run instead.  Then it was off up north for my Gran's 90th birthday in Yorkshire which was good fun.

We stayed in a hotel on Saturday night which had a gym so I did an hour hard running up hill on the treadmill this morning before heading to Leyland to see my other Gradndma.  A 6 hour drive home pretty much finished me off.

One thing to note was whilst driving from my Grans in Lancashire towards the south, I passed signs for Bolton, the finish of the Ironman UK, Rivington on the bike route as well as signs for Leigh, the location of the lake where the swim is.  All very odd to think I'll be back there in August for very different reasons.  Lets hope there isn't an inch of snow on the ground then.

2 comments:

  1. sometimes life just gets in the way. keep at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Kate. This week should be fun as well. I start my next 6 week teaching training palcement. Back to 8am starts, 6pm finishes and work in the evening. Poor me :-)

    ReplyDelete