Sunday 7 February 2010

Training Week 5

Another good week.  Swimming went ok.  The lesson was excellent and the two sessions at Tooting were ok.  I did go to swim on Friday but the pool was so busy at 7am that I bottled it and went to the gym to run.  I'm still not confident enough to swim with loads of other people.  At the moment this is ok as I get to swim during the day when its quiet but after half term, when I'm on school placement, it will be early mornings, evenings and weekends only.

Running was the triumph this week.  I was very careful to keep stretching my quads and ITB so try and protect my knee.  As a result, I managed three short runs, 70 mins of 5-a-side and a 9 mile long, slow run in zone 2.

I still feel my cycling is well off the pace but I'm beginning to realise how difficult it is to feel that you are progressing at all three disciplines.  I have a friend who is doing great with the running but has hardly swam at all and another who is racking up the bike miles but only puts his trainers on once a week.  I am managing to do at least 3 sessions of each discipline a week so I am making progress.

Next week its much of the same.  Only the running is longer.  A two hour run on Sunday.

Stats:
Swimming - 3 sessions, 1.2 miles, 2hrs 6mins
Cycling - 6 sessions, 64 miles, 4hrs 45 mins
Running - 5 sessions, 24.4 miles, 4hrs, 13mins
(including 1hr10 of 5-a-side football - estimated 4 miles running)
Press-ups - 343

I wonder when the first week will be when I swim more than 2.4 miles, cycle more than 112 and run more than 26.2??????

No comments:

Post a Comment