Saturday 6 February 2010

So tired

The training is finally kicking in.  The benefits are starting to show with my running speed increasing and feeling a little stronger in the pool.

The downside is that I'm so tired.  I keep dozing off.  I'm currently sitting with my laptop trying to work but I've fallen asleep three or four times.  Admittedly, I'm trying to write a paper on the lack of male teachers in primary education and I'm reading some very dry literature.

I know I need to start getting to bed a bit earlier.  I'm not very good at that.  I start my second phase of teaching practice in two weeks which is going to wipe me out.

My swimming lesson was really good today.  We were doing a drill called catch-up.  Its like a full stroke but you keep flatter in the water and touch your hands together outstretched after each stroke.  Helps with gliding, being outstretched, being more streamlined and getting into a rhythm.  I really enjoyed it and felt my confidence rise a little.  Got to decide what to do tomorrow; either a long run (10 miles) or a long cycle (2-3 hours).  I'm tempted to cycle as I need to dust the bike down and get out there especially if the weather is ok.

4 comments:

  1. I have been finding this too, and you're busier than me. Are you still on a calorie deficit? Maybe get a few more carbs in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might be right. I had two big jacket potatoes and beans on Saturday and took a recovery drink after today's run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you do it. Since i've started commuting everyday by bike I've had to completely stop running. I just couldn't cope with doing all three.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Money is a big motivation. Having paid the £340 ironman entry fee push all the other cash I've shelled out, I can't afford not to do all three.

    ReplyDelete