Saturday 27 February 2010

Race Season

I can't believe my first race is already upon me.  This weekend, I'll be running my favourite race, the Meon Valley Plod.  Its a 21 mile, cross country, hilly run on the South Downs.  It includes Butser Hill, the highest point in Hampshire.

Its a pretty silly race for this early in the season and times are not quick, especially if its muddy which it looks like it will be.

Its my favourite race as doing something so hard so early always makes me confident for future events, its a stunning route, its amazingly organised and it has the perfect atmosphere.  Everyone is in it together, smiling and chatting on the way round.  It also has cake at each marshal point which is fabulous.

As you can see, I am an elite at this distance with the number 2 :-)  My only aims for Sunday are to finish, stay injury free and have fun.  Time is irrelevant.

This race is quickly followed by the Spitifre 20 in 2 weeks and the Oakley 20 in 4 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. the plod sounds brilliant, i can see why can't resist it. look forward to seeing how muddy your elite number gets ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Sunday morning and I'm looking outside at the pouring rain and I'm thinking "no run for me today, there are limits". Now I feel guilty seeing what you are doing. God luck mate.

    ReplyDelete